Saturday, May 3, 2008

my new team, the royal experienced players

I started supporting Bangalore today.

I was in a bad mood anyway.

Bloody Collingwood.

So I thought I might as well get Bangalore out of the way.

Deccan were of no use to me.

Dehli gave me a little sumtin sumtin.

Kings XI Punjab was too much of a mouthful, even with SOS Marsh firing for them.

So I went to Bangalore expecting more disappointment.

Deccan had restricted them to 156, which for a test team posing as a 2020 team is pretty impressive.

It was obviously never going to be enough.

The Chargers had Stryis after all.

But it all went wrong.

Gilly faltered.

Laxman couldn’t hit 5th gear.

Gibbs continued to be a waste of sperm.

Sharma tried in vain to be the man everyone wanted.

Afridi couldn’t stop looking at the cheerleaders.

And even the great Scott Styris failed.

Bangar smacked two sixes of Kumble in the last over.

But fu©k me, it wasn’t enough.

Royals win.

Royals win.

Royal old dudes win.

Wow.

It was surely my influence....
www.cricketwithballs.com "Now with extra juicy Podcast"

No comments: