Saturday, May 31, 2008

I'm like Shaun Marsh, and not just the drinking

According to world renowned sports writer Nigel Henderson, who wrote, “If It Was Raining Palaces, I’d Get Hit By The Dunny Door” and "Choke", I am comparable with Shaun SOS Marsh.

Shaun Marsh (see Fanfare for a common man) may be being unfairly overlooked by Australia’s selectors, but there is another Aussie that people should be paying attention to. His name, apparently, is JRod.
My name is Jrod, apparently.

But I am not just like Shaun Marsh in the fact I haven't been called up to the majors.

We have other things in common.

Both of our fathers were legends.

Swampy, opening the batting for Australia.

PK, opening the bowling for Campbellfield and North Carlton.

Shaun Marsh once got suspended for drinking too much.

I used to get suspended all the time.

Both of our fathers were successful coaches.

Swampy, for Australia.

PK, for Campbellfield under 14's, and under 16's.

Shaun is Australian.

I am Australian.

Shaun Marsh likes cricket.

I like cricket.

True story.www.cricketwithballs.com

Now with new proper english lady blogger.

No comments: