Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Jesse's back in town

His home town in New Zealand, that is. NOT London town, because Jesse Ryder WON'T make it to England for the one-dayers.

His hand has not yet recovered from its unfortunate nighttime rendezvous with a toilet window.

O NOES! This is an EPIC FAIL on the part of his hand tendons.
I am very disappointed, for the following reasons:
My "Jesse Is My Kind Of All-Rounder" and "What Would Jesse Do" tshirts won't get an outing this summer. I have a thing for the better-padded man. In a time of protein shakes, personalised gym programmes and detailed fitness analyses I love that there's room in the game for a batsman like him. <p align="justify">and
He is talented, exciting and great to watch.He is the kind of person of whom you get the impression that he really, really needs to be playing cricket. <p align="justify">
<p align="justify">Oh Jesse, get better soon! We miss you! Even Bumble Lloyd was asking after you in his commentary the other day!
<p align="justify">We could have had such a great summer:
Monopoly board pub crawl"Withnail and I" drinking game "Sideways" drinking gameNight out in Strawberry MoonNight out in Tiger TigerNight out at Infernos and the Clapham GrandIf you'd come early, pre 1 June, we could have gone to that tube party to mourn the ban on drinking on public transportYou could have had free rein of my box file of takeaway menusI have a well-stocked drinks cabinet, including unusual delights such as Kummel and GoldwasserI live within 10 minutes' walk of at least three fried chicken establishments

Jesse, I'll always cut fresh flowers for you
Jesse, I'll always make the wine cold for you
Jesse, I can easily change my mind about you
And put on cologne
And I will wait by the phone for you - Oh Jesse!

www.cricketwithballs.com

Now with new proper english lady blogger.

No comments: