Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sunil is oscar worthy

What is more important to you?

To be able to speak your mind, and get paid millions of dollars.

Or.

To officially support and work towards improving the game that took you from a no one, to one of the most respected men in your whole country.

That was the question that Sunil Gavaskar was recently asked.

He chose the money and the free speech.

Was he right to do so, I don’t really care.

But I did receive a transcript of the conversation.

Sunil Gavaskar: Are you listenin'?

The Media: Yes!

Sunil Gavaskar: This is what I'm gonna do for you: God bless you guys. But this is what you gonna do for me?

The Media: Yeah, what can I do for you, Sunil? You just tell us what can we do for you?

Sunil Gavaskar: It's something very personal, a very important thing. Hell! It's a family motto. Are you ready guys? I wanna make sure you're ready, brothers. Here it is: Show me the money. SHOW! ME! THE! MONEY! It is such a pleasure to say that! Say it with me one time, Guys.

The Media: Show you the money.

Sunil Gavaskar: No, no. You can do better than that! I want you to say it with meaning! Hey, I got the ICC on the other line I bet they still want me!

The Media: Ye, ye, no, no, no. Show you the money.

Sunil Gavaskar: No! Not show you! Show me the money!

The Media: Show me the money!

Sunil Gavaskar: Yeah! Louder!

The Media: Show me the money!

Sunil Gavaskar: I need to feel you guys!

The Media: Show me the money! Show me the money!

Sunil Gavaskar: I love brown people.

The Media: I love brown people!

Sunil Gavaskar: Who's your motherfucker, guys?

The Media: You're our mother fucker! Show me the money!

Sunil Gavaskar: Uh! Congratulations, I’m still your rent a quote.

Geoffrey Boycott never has to go through this sort of stuff, because the media is the only people who will have him....
www.cricketwithballs.com "Now with extra juicy Podcast"

No comments: