Friday, August 1, 2008

a discussion of logo

You may have heard of baseball before.

Some call it cricket’s slightly frigid brother, other call it America’s favourite past time.

That is a blatant lie, as American’s favourite past time is drive thru windows.

I don’t mind baseball, although that has nothing to do with this post.

This is about Sky Sports, Murdoch’s athletic endeavor channel and its cricket logo.

Seen stage left.

This logo reminded me of something I remember seeing during my youth where I spent more than a few hours watching American sports.

Here is Major League Baseballs logo.

You could be mistaken for thinking that the two are similar.

But there are many differences.

One has the ball in red, one in blue.

One has a close up of a batter, one has a full shot of a batsman.

I know.www.cricketwithballs.com

Now with new proper english lady blogger.

No comments: