Wednesday, August 13, 2008

the white windian

Former Victorian tormentor turned white West Indian Brendan Nash is on the brink of changing the racial mixture of West Indies cricket forever, or until he gets dropped.

Nash was a former shield cricket battler, who was struggling to get a game for Queensland, because he was not old enough.

So he decided to move to Jamaica, where his father was from, and now he is about to serve his new country in a one day series against John Davison's boys.

I never like Nash, he bored me, bowled scabby little off breaks and made runs against Victoria.

So I am glad he is gone.

I just wish more players that bore me or kill the Vics would go to other countries.

Ashley Noffke to Ireland, he could open the batting and bowling.

Travis Birt to Bangladesh, he could sit behind Crashraful and drink with Siddons.

Greg Mail to Pakistan, I’m guessing only a 50/50 chance I seem him again.

And MacGill to India, just to see him and Bhaji in all full flight.

How long will it be before test teams have to have a quota in place that says, at least 4 players per team must have been born in the country.

Good luck to Nash though, hope he makes no runs, and ends up doing Sportsman’s nights with Kepler Wessels and Grant Elliott in Ballarat.www.cricketwithballs.com... fighting the war on tony greig

No comments: