Sunday, August 31, 2008

the price of being famous

After my first ever cricket match at Lords i retreated to a bar with some other more famous cricket writers.

Most of them were smashed due to a large charity walk/run/waddle they had completed earlier.

I was drunk from not wanting to be sober watching England win.

Although I did see a great cricketing moment when Kallis got hit for 20 in one over.

More important than that was back at the bar, when someone recognised my accent from my podcast.

Long time readers may remember when i used to do them.

This guy not only remembered my accent, but he regaled me with a particular vile rant i once uttered about Graeme Smith.

Freaky shit.

But still not as cool as watching Kallis pretend he never bowled that over.www.cricketwithballs.com... fighting the war on tony greig

No comments: