Friday, June 6, 2008

Jimmy, the list for you

I have spent a bit of time Bagging James Anderson.

Not enough I think.

Some of this is based on his cricket ability, a lot of this is based on his confidence in those abilities.

Some may say, and I am saying, he slightly overestimates those abilities.

After 24 tests his average is 37.

As I speak, he has taken his 6th wicket today.

Mitchell Johnson, whom I have called to be dropped for at least 5 of the 8 tests he has played in, has an average of 34.

So an article on Jimmy Anderson is overdue.

Anderson does have talent.

When it’s his day, ie: the ball is swinging, and he just got some lovin from the missus, he is nigh on unplayable.

But how many of these days are there if his average is about 37, including this little destoyation I am trying not to witness at the moment.

New Zealand are getting such a full on pasting from the boy, David Gower is wondering if he will get all 10 wickets.

David Gower has obviously been drinking absinthe, but that is the thing with Anderson, when he is on fire, there are few more devastating than he.

Of course his detractors, when not bagging his pretty boy features, will say when he is not on fire he is like fucking a 3 month old Atlantic Salmon.

Being a natural journalistic animal I did research to see who was right his fans, or the Atlantic Salmon haters.

In half of his test matches he has failed to get 3 wickets in the whole match.

That is all sorts of awful.

He has also never taken more than 7 wickets in a match, which for a new ball bowler is pretty shoddy.

But my research, I know, shows that when he does take wickets, he takes em in groups of 4 and 5.

And if he is ever going to take more than 7 it’s this game where he has 6 with a possible 14 in the stands.

And he is like 25, so there is hope.

I have always thought of him as someone who strolls through life being talented and pretty and not backing it up.

According to my research half the time I am spot on, the other times I’m a playa hater.

This has not always been the case, before the tour of New Zealand I generally ignored him as I thought he’d be dropped forever soon.

He hasn’t and if anything is now the number 2 bowler picked.

But I don’t like him now.

I took real offence to it when he had a go at Jesse Ryder in his debut innings.

Seemed unnecessary and over the top for a dude who has been in the system for this long without “making it”.

So Jimmy your test career may be just turning into a beautiful flower, but you have made my list.www.cricketwithballs.com

Now with new proper english lady blogger.

No comments: