Friday, June 27, 2008

Bear is fertile

Australia tried an innovative new method in today’s one dayer.

A pregnant pause.

It lasted about 15 overs.

And involved King Probot Mike Hussey and Michael Clarke playing out maidens, and occasionally taking singles to mix it up a bit.

The commentators put it down to the uneven surface, and tennis ball bounce.

I assumed it was some agenda to keep Cameron White from the crease.

They both made half centuries by scoring off every second ball they faced.

Finally when Cam was allowed to come in, the big bear made 40 off 39 as if to say, ha ha, this isn’t so hard, it just took a Victorian to do it. You stupid stupid people, I have been sitting there all along, gathering dust, I am the answer to every question. My name is Cam, and I am the man. Bow down peasants, because the chickens is coming home to roost y’all, and you will know my name is the lord when I miss hit to cover before you.

He said all this by tugging at his shirt around his shoulder, repeatedly.

Trademark move by C White.

White didn’t even feel the need to middle a ball during his innings.

Hopes joined in on the fun, but decided to continue with Whites policy of not middling the ball.

Australia ended up with 213.

This sounds bad, but the pitch, while not being anywhere near as unstable as commentators tried to make it sound, is not the easiest to make runs on.

If the Windies make this score they will have played well.

I will be in bed.

Cameron White has given Victoria the best innings of the day, and that is where I would like to leave it.www.cricketwithballs.com

Now with new proper english lady blogger.

No comments: