Sunday, June 15, 2008

Windies - Aus seamless 24hour coverage continues

Hello. I (Miriam) have been away for a few days but am back now. I know you were all feeling the pain of separation too much to mention my absence.

Luckily The Jrod is the most prolific cricket blogger around, but even he can't watch cricket 24 hours a day. Thanks to the roundness of the world, though, between the two of us we CAN.

So. I watched the last session-and-a-half of the test, and I think the best words to describe it are (copy, paste): Intriguingly Poised, but most likely an Australian win, although almost-as-strange things have happened.

Who would rather be watching the final day tomorrow instead of being at work? ME ME I WOULD I WOULD.

Ricky's declaration left the Windies with a target of 475 to win, and at the close of play they are 235 - 3. Xavier Melbourne (yes really! I know, right!) Marshall, coming off a first-class best of 82, got 85 before providing TY&TR's Beau "what was his mother thinking" Casson with his first ever test wicket, off a very nice low leapy catch in his wrong hand by Jaques.

Beau Casson has a face and hair from another era. I mean, he looks fine and everything, nothing wrong with the way he looks, but he just doesn't look like a modern person. And the way he applies his zinc is very disconcerting.

Katich's butterfingers continued, to the extent that I wondered whether the Windies were just hitting it to him for a laugh.

Play will resume with Shiv and Bravo at the crease. As ever, much (all?) will depend on exactly how sticky Shiv manages to be, especially given that Sewnarine Chattergoon is on crutches and, miraculous recoveries aside, won't bat again.

I really, really hope that the Windies don't lose quick wickets so that it's all over by the time I get home from work.
www.cricketwithballs.com

Now with new proper english lady blogger.

No comments: