Monday, June 30, 2008

Tales from the other side - IPL

<p class="MsoNormal">I didn't play in the IPL. I didn't even end up putting my hand up for it or getting the chance to say that I had turned it down.
<p class="MsoNormal">
<p class="MsoNormal">Actually, that isn't completely true - my manager spoke to someone here who spoke for people over there, and the offers that would be made were shithouse. Shaun Marsh sort of money. To get me to India I needed David Hussey money.
<p class="MsoNormal">
<p class="MsoNormal">A lot of my mates played over there, and even more mates were non playing staff. The general thoughts were pretty simple. India is nuts. That and Pakistani cricketers are the laziest, most selfish dickheads ever. From what I heard they don't train hard, when they train at all. In team meetings they give no information or input, and they refuse to do anything that isn't in their best interest.
<p class="MsoNormal">
<p class="MsoNormal">The Australian coaches couldn't stand their attitudes, and perhaps that's why some of them played less games than people thought they should have. One mate said that when his Pakistani player was asked to go up the order and open, his response was "I don't open". When it was explained to him that neither did anyone else, but he was the best choice, he responded, "no one has ever made me open", so one more crack was had at him explaining that his place in the side was depended on opening, and he said "I will not make runs if you open me". He didn’t either.
<p class="MsoNormal">
<p class="MsoNormal">On that note, good luck to South Australia who just gave Younis Khan a contract for half the year. He should be able to teach their young team a lot about cricket.
www.cricketwithballs.com

Now with new proper english lady blogger.

No comments: