Monday, June 23, 2008

TWC arrives in my mail box

I just received my copy of The Wisden Cricketer.

The magazine that you, the readers of CWB helped us get into.

There we are on the shiny, and extremely glossy page, the same layout that King Cricket and AYALAC occupied so beautifully before me.

Only problem is Sidebottom the stroppy is on the cover.

And in the blog they picked, pot, kettle, Vaughn, I said nice things about him.

Had the good folks at TWC advised me of this cover, I could have given them a sidebottom the stroppy quote to put on the front cover.

Perhaps just a picture of Sidebottom, and then underneath from a speech bubble could have been “I want an oompa loompa now daddy”.

Being that I am blog of the month you would expect I would have a bit of editorial control on the issue.

I would have had Andre Nel on the cover.

South Africa is about to tour, Nel is playing county cricket and getting told off.

What better than Andre Nel semi naked holding a badger over his privates and covered in I can’t believe it’s not butter.

One nice touch that was obviously done just for me is the use of the word cock on the front cover.

I appreciate the effort.

www.cricketwithballs.com

Now with new proper english lady blogger.

No comments: