Monday, June 16, 2008

I can't quit you

Ahktar’s return is only 18 months away.

Mark it down on your calendar.

The question is can we wait 18 months?

Andre Nel may be finished forever.

Harbhajan Singh and Sreesanth are surely not going to get caught being freakin morons again.

Jesse Ryder may never recover.

Mark Cosgrove can’t make a run for South Australia.

Freddy Flintoff can’t find a spot in Englands side.

And Lasith Malinga doesn’t get caught with drugs or hit team mates with bats.

Don’t tell anyone I said so, but I miss Shoaib.

I still despise him for being a lazy soft fucker.

But I miss his antics.

I miss his stupid statements.

His stubborn refusal of baldness.

His photo opportunities with Geoff Lawson.

His telling the Pakistan people not to revolt for his cause.

His excuses.

His arrogance.

His part time performances.

And most of all I miss his personality off the field.

Because he had one.

Sure he was a selfish drug taking playboy, but he was our selfish drug taking play boy, and who are we left with?

Kyle Mills?

Brett Lee?

Dale Steyn?

Chaminda Vaas?

None of the bowlers are ready to be Shoaib.

They are professional cricketers.

We want play boys, angry mentalists, drunkards, and fatties.

Shoaib was every bad cricket habit rolled into one.

So I beg of the Pakistan cricket board, let the boy play.

We need someone to bag, hate, love and laugh at again, and Younis Khan and Muhammad Asif combined cannot do the job.www.cricketwithballs.com

Now with new proper english lady blogger.

No comments: