Monday, June 9, 2008

Langer in order

Justin Langer has been pronounced a member of the Order of Australia.

If you are wondering what that means, so are most Australians.

It is some sort of award that is handed out to sportsman and politicians on days that are deemed important.

Justin obviously got his for the day I saw him tell a friend of mine that he would “fucken smack the fuck out of him” at the G after the little angry man had gone out.

Langer had a hate/hate relationship with the Victorian crowd.

Another day I swore he was going to jump the fence when I guy kept calling him a shit little dwarf.

In Australia this is the sort of behaviour that wins you our highest honours.

In couldn’t have been for his performances on the cricket field, as according to cricinfo, Langer, 37, played 105 Tests and scored 696 runs at 45.12.

What’s that, like 6 runs a test, not very Order of Australian to me.

But Langer will be happy with the honour, as he is now as respected a member of Australia as Dean Jones is.


I contacted Dean Jones for a quote

“Langer’s Order of Australia reminds me of a time I faced Qadir in Karachi on a raging turner, he thought he had me with a wicked wrong one, but I picked it and smashed it through midwicket for four, I really batted well that day.”

DM Jones c Ijaz Ahmed b Abdul Qadir 4www.cricketwithballs.com

Now with new proper english lady blogger.

No comments: