Saturday, June 7, 2008

Tiger Bill wasn't some Star Wars extra

A few months back I came up with my best Australian XI.

Some people were dismayed at the fact I left out Don Bradman and Shane Warne, but I thought I had good reason to leave out both.

Warne was left out for the great Tiger Bill O’Reilly, a man who was never dominated by any batsman.

I have seen Warne dominated by Lara, Cronje, Ranatunga, most of India’s top order and his mum's diet pills, so I chose the safer option.

Also, Bill has a far greater nick name than Warne.

As for Bradman’s omission that was simple, Keith Miller and Tiger Bill had to put up with that whiny little perfectionist their most of their careers, so I gave them a break from him.

Some international readers may not know that inside the Australian dressing room Donald wasn’t always the most liked man.

Tiger Bill said “Don Bradman was a teetotaller, ambitious, conservative and meticulous. I was outspoken and gregarious, an equally ambitious young man of Irish descent.”
If Don Bradman wasn’t the world’s first probot, then he was Jango Fett.www.cricketwithballs.com

Now with new proper english lady blogger.

No comments: