Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ashwell's Mittens

I think it all started when Ashwell was named Ashwell.

Did we need a world wide Cricket Auction just to prove that no one likes Ashwell Prince?

Imagine being the only player out of the lot to not get picked, (Yousuf had contract issues).

Being the last person picked is always embarrassing, but at least then you can get out on the field and do something about it.

However Ashwell is left to play on the swings with the special needs kids (also known as the England).

My question is, in a world where some drug afflicted millionaire is willing to shell over 900,000 clams for Jacques Kallis to play 2020 cricket, how sh1t is Ashwell Prince?

Or actually my question is, is he sh1tter, or boringer?

How embarrassed would he feel, domestic cricketers have been picked up, has beens have been picked up, and even Sourav Ganguly is an Icon.

And little Ashwell continues to play on the swings with his mittens sewn to his jacket.

Mind you Ashwell was not the only staid player to get overlooked initially, Langer, Katich, and McGrath all got over looked while less talented flashier cricketers got the benjamins.

I must admit I haven’t kept too much of an eye on the player Auction.

Almost all my info comes from Well Pitched.

But I did chuckle a little as Future PM David Hussey (sign the petition) got 675,000.

I think I should get 10 percent of that.www.cricketwithballs.com "Sign our David Hussey petition"

No comments: