Thursday, February 14, 2008

hegemony or fleming

I think I once compared Stephen Fleming to Noam Chomsky.

At the time I was just trying to sound intelligent.

But now I look back, I realise I am a genius, and you should all listen to me more often.

Noam Chomsky is a leftist writer who uses big words and believes America is out to get him.

Fleming used a left wing game plan, uses big words and generally thinks Australia is out to get him.

Ofcourse if Fleming was Chomsky, that makes Ponting Michael Moore.

People either think Fleming is an overrated nerd who couldn’t bat, or a tactical genius who almost took down the Australians and regularly won one day games he shouldn’t have.

I tend to think he was a genius, but I was a captain, and captains tend to rate captains higher.

What he did do was captain an extremely average side.

Yet somehow under him New Zealand were never that bad.

He never had the cattle to make a great team, he never had the hat to make himself a great cowboy, but he got the most out of himself and out of his team, and you have to respect him for that.

Even if you think he was a shocking bat.

I wish there were more captains like Fleming, he captained like a mad scientist, rather than the McDonald’s Managers most captains are.

Without guys like Fleming, cricket would still be stuck in the 1800’s and we would all be bored sh1tless.

But for the average leftist person, Michael Moore’s jokey easy style is a lot easier to follow the Noam’s darkly multilayered manuscripts.www.cricketwithballs.com "losing the war on over rates, winning the war on tony greig"

No comments: