Sunday, February 17, 2008

Rupert backs our Bryce

For the longest time I pushed the Bryce McGain barrow up a hill, single handed with a midget on my back.

First the midget got off and then the hill flattened out.

Slowly others came over, perhaps not to push the barrow, but to walk respectively behind me.

Bryce obviously did his share, but lets be honest, without me he is just an old dude who bowls leggies.

I gave the man myth, I gave him legend, I made him Cricket With Balls Own International Man of Mystery Nice Bryce McGain.

The Barrow was heavy, old men seem to carry a little bit more weight than young guys, but now that I am tiring, the Herald Sun has decided to push with me.

It’s about fu©king time.

Victorians have been very slow to get behind Bryce, perhaps its cause you can’t see One day domestic cricket on free to air telly, or perhaps because he’s older than Jesus.

Either way you don’t need a weatherman to tell you which way the wind is blowing.

Bryce is getting closer to the side, I can smell it.www.cricketwithballs.com "losing the war on over rates, winning the war on tony greig"

No comments: