Saturday, July 12, 2008

Whisper it quietly, but The England look good

Poor Saffer bowlers. They are lauded and feared as one of the best pace attacks in the world, but toil away for 2 days conceding almost 600 runs, and when their team gets a bat, more than anything they want to be able to say "I told you it was flat".

But no! This morning, 3 SA batsmen dismissed for single figures.

Smith was caught just glancing the shoulder of his bat off one that bounced more than he expected. He muttered something as he walked off; to give him the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure it was "I'm so disappointed in myself. I must try harder".

Amla was targeted with shorter stuff from the start, and nicked one through to Tiny Tim. Come On Tim!

Kallis was well caught by Strauss. I don't know why, but the sight of Andrew Strauss in a slip cordon nearly always puts me at ease.

Anderson, Broad and Sidebottom have one each.

I watched this around my Saturday chores, so didn't see every ball. The England, though, look good. OK, so the new kit looks bluer than ever on my new TV. But they look fresh and perky, and there's an extra bit of zip in the body language in the field.

Tomorrow, I'm going to Lords. I will check out the newly generously proportioned Saffers, and hope to be able to confirm whether the camera really does add ten pounds.www.cricketwithballs.com

Now with new proper english lady blogger.

No comments: