Tuesday, July 29, 2008

the backlift of rikki clarke

There are many things I could tell you about England.

Firstly it is insanely hot here.

And they have a lot of fried chicken.

But England is summed up by one thing.

Rikki Clarke’s back lift.

I don’t believe anyone could have a backlift like it and not be English.

It looks like a gay actor’s interpretation of Graham Gooch’s back lift.

Stiff, proper and camp.

Like a cup of tea, or Prince Charles.

Or Prince Charles drinking a cup of tea, but thinking of a pint of beer.

Clarke seems to make some runs in spite of his backlift handicap, although, he does seem to be late on every attacking shot he plays.

Apparently Clarke played test cricket once, I think it is good he doesn’t play anymore, as children imitate test cricketers, and he could start a pandemic of weird backlifts.

I say all this because I saw Rikki Clarke make runs.

The commentators seemed rather excited by it.

I was not.www.cricketwithballs.com

Now with new proper english lady blogger.

No comments: