Friday, July 18, 2008

chicks can't play cricket

Recently a radio host in Australia named Ed Kavalee said he could make a hundred against the Australian women’s cricket team, known as the Southern stars.

“I’ve been saying for two weeks that I can score a hundred runs against the Australian Women’s Cricket Team. I think I’ve mentioned that they can’t bowl, bat, field or throw, or play sport in general really.”
He said it tongue and cheek, but the Southern Stars seeing their one chance at getting some publicity, challenged him to pistols at dawn.

I can understand that the guy thought this might be easy, but these are the elite female cricketers, it’s not like smacking your little sister over the fence.

On top of that the stars now has a genuine quick bowler by the name of Emma Sampson.

My old man has seen her bowl and said she is proper quick.

“I’m pleased to show you this nice bruise on my forearm, you can actually see the stitching marks, there’s also one on my hip, my wrist got hit, and got hit in the side of the head, but the helmet did its job, thankfully.”
All of those hits came courtesy of Sampson.

“I’m very happy, I was extremely happy after Emma Sampson managed to hit Ed a few times and cause a few bruises,” That was Lisa Sthalekar, the vice captain and spokeswoman for the Australian team.

Nice bit of blood lust.

Ed had a moment of clarity just before the first ball from Sampson, “When Emma first started running in I thought to myself ‘I think you might have done something wrong here Kavalee’ and it was reality as soon as she bowled the first ball and it thudded into my forearm.”

That’d do it.

I obviously wouldn’t make a hundred against the Southern Stars.

I would however take 7 for against the English women’s team and make a quick fire 60 odd.

This is the second time I’ve mentioned women’s cricket now, the last time was saying that Lisa Sthalekar is hot.www.cricketwithballs.com

Now with new proper english lady blogger.

No comments: