Friday, January 9, 2009

Jesse's hangover has bad consequences, for humanity

I don’t know what to do about Jesse Ryder.

On one hand (get it) I want him to pull his head in so I can watch him play cricket.

At the same time I don’t want him to become a corporate clown like the rest of them.

He is a chunk of bacon on the ham pizza we call the world cricket scene.

And I like bacon.

As does Jesse I reckon.

This latest suspension through alcohol related problems does come a little close to the whole punchy/grabby don’t you know who I am incident.

But the real pain of the situation is that New Zealand has picked Mathew Sinclair to replace him.

Which is like replacing Natalie Portman with Tori Spelling.

OK it’s not, its like replacing Kate Winslet with Lisa Kudrow.

So not only does the world miss out on Jesse, we get Sinclair back.

I thought Sinclair was dead, I am sure I remember a fan going onto the pitch and stabbing him to death with a plastic beer cup, either that or I had a fucked up dream.

Any man with two double tons and an average of 32 deserves that.

I think any time Sinclair plays the world weeps a little.

And rightly so, he is proper annoying.

Now he gets another chance, and Jesse has to take stock of his life.

Jesse has now admitted he has a drinking problem.

I am not so sure.

He has a problem punching glass, abusing people and getting up in the morning.

If he can control all these, I think the drinking can continue.

cricketwithballs

www.cricketwithballs.com... We constantly get sodomized down the legside

No comments: