Thursday, January 8, 2009

Graeme Smith gains actual real life respect, from me

Recently a very well respected man asked me if Graeme Smith was still a fucktard (©Suave).

I had to think about it.

That cut me deep.

I concluded that he probably still was.

Then he comes out to bat with two dodgy paws.

Hard to call him a fucktard right now.

When he was a captain of an underachieving side and he made most of his runs against the windies, the poms and minnows it was easy.

In fact it felt great.

At least in the short term he has earned the right for this site to stop calling him a fucktard.

I love players playing injured.

Along with the skill to change a game in a session, captaining the side with actual thought, it is the cricket skill I most respect.

I grew up with stories about Rick McCoskers jaw.

It was my dad’s favourite cricket story.

And the first two times I injured myself on the cricket field I refused to come off, infact the longest I have ever been off a field with an injury was 1 over, to tape up my broken finger, before going back out to slip.

So how can I, someone who has called his site cricket with balls not respect Graeme Smith.

This is a soul searching moment, but I have to respect him.

Ofcoutse I will still bag his defensive captaincy by numbers, and his minnow bashing, but as a cricketer, right at the moment, as I type on the keyboard and Tom Waits sings Blue Valentines, I respect Graeme Smith.

And by that I mean, he is not a fucktard.

cricketwithballs
www.cricketwithballs.com... We constantly get sodomized down the legside

No comments: