Friday, April 4, 2008

Where is our Dick Cheney?

I can’t honestly believe that the second best leader in Australian cricket is Michael Clarke.

It does not compute.

Michael Clarke was dropped not that long ago.

He is a narcissist.

One of his idols is Michael Slater.

He is marrying a woman who sleeps with married footballers.

He is marrying a woman who slept with a Carlton footballer.

He does not make runs when early wickets fall.

He has a weird tattoo on his arm, that means, number 96 your kung pow chicken is ready.

One of his idols is Michael Slater.

He is from NSWales.

He does his hair before disembarking a plane.

One of his idols is Michael Slater.

None of these things say leadership material to me.

Plus he is too like Ricky.

Ricky I can stand.

He owns greyhounds.

He is very working class.

He is Tasmanian.

He gets in pub brawls.

He makes runs whilst wickets are falling.

Unfortunately Clarke has none of these cool attributes, but instead is smug like Ricky, cheeky like Ricky, and bends the rules like Ricky.

Plus his idol is Michael Slater.

I’m not even letting he fact that he looked impressive as a captain in the two 2020 games sway me.

I have written him off.

If, let me repeat, If, he becomes a steady test batsmen who bats well under pressure and not just when we re already on top, I will reevaluate my position.

I am sure it is comforting to Michael that I have this kind of flexibility in me.

The two best state captains are Cameron White and Marcus North, neither of which are anywhere near test duty.

And by picking Clarke the selectors are saying, picking a test captain is hard, but we think this dude will be around for a while, so what the fu©k, plus he is from NSWales.

Good news is, as Australian Vice Captain, one drunken bender, or one time of getting caught in a wife swap with Michael Slater and you’re back to normal duties.

No offence Pup, but I think you’re just silly enough to do something and lose the job.

I’d like to think I’m that silly too.www.cricketwithballs.com "Practice Sehwagology and kill the Probots"

No comments: