Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Bon Jovi of Cricket

I assume that you don’t like Jacques Kallis.

Mostly because I don't like him, but also this is not a site for someone who likes Jacques

I promote reckless cricket.

I promote attacking cricket.

I promote winning at all costs.

I promote playing for your team.

I promote bringing down big heads.

And I promote a healthy hatred of anyone born in the Evil Empire.

Jacques nationality, , philosophy, ascetic and theology does not compute here at cricket with balls.

But you already know this.

Wisden (not to be confused with the wonderful publication the wisden cricketer, which you can send me to here) has decided that Jacques is the best cricketer of 2007.

They have obviously used things like statistics to come up with this preposterous hypothesis.

I will not stoop to the level of stats.

Instead I will use his personality and general demeanour to prove my point.

The dude is a in it for himself cricketer, which was never more evident with his innings to follow up the record opening partnership against Bangladesh.

The man has it in him to bowl at 150 clicks, and instead bowls wide half volleys at 130.

He constantly slows down the tempo at times his team need their best player to kick on.

And just look at him.

My Wisden cricketer of the year would be King Kumar.

I do understand Jacques has his admirers.

Some people like the fact he makes a lot of slow painful runs.

Some people like the fact he can bowl 12 overs a day of medium pace.

And some people even like the look of him.

But Bon Jovi has sold over a billion albums.

Bon Jovi has lots of people that like the look of them.

Bon Jovi has people that will swear black and blue they are the most talented band ever.

That doesn’t necessarily make it fu©ken so.

However, at least Jon Bon Jovi has the common courtesy to have a good hair do and a tight derrière.


If you were impressed that I wrote a whole Jacques Kallis post without mentioning his habits in the bed room or Cindy Nel, send me to the wisden cricketer again.www.cricketwithballs.com "Practice Sehwagology and kill the Probots"

No comments: