Sunday, April 27, 2008

Brett Geeves, a Sehwagology devil

Brett Geeves is probably my favourite nonVictorian Australian cricketer.

This is because of a few key facts.

He is a funny dude.

I find his haircut amusing.

He is a bowling allrounder, even if his figures don’t quite match that yet.

He bowls pretty damn fast.

His yorkers are as dangerous and accurate as a hungry Zulu warrior throwing a spear at a vegan.

I was initially stunned that he was picked for the IPL, because this was his main break out year, due to injuries and the fact Tassie have a host of guys who bowl at about his pace.

But then I checked which team he went to, the Delhi Daredevils, head coach, Greg Shipperd, also head coach of the mighty Victorian Bushragers and ex coach of Tasmania, where Brett Geeves plies his trade.

So Ship, going on his knowledge that Geeves was good way back when, and that he regularly depantses Victoria, decides he is a good bet for this IPL thingy.

Some people call him the butler, I think this is because his uncle was a butler.

I haven’t given him a nick name yet, but I will soonish, I was thinking Ask.

His one game for the Daredevils ended with 4 overs at 40.

If he plays again I expect a marked improvement, and if they mike him up, even better....
www.cricketwithballs.com "Now with extra juicy Podcast"

No comments: