Thursday, April 17, 2008

My IPL thoughts

I thought on this semi momentous day, I would give you some of my thoughts on IPL.

I don't like the name, sounds like a name for accountancy firm, and Indian Premier League is much better yet greatly ignored.

I do hope 2020 games will eventually out strip on day games, but it's the club format I don't like. Australian soccer players have all sorts of trouble getting their clubs to ok them to play for their county, and their are way more international cricket games than soccer friendlies.

In a country where people starve I think that this sort of opulence is obscene. The only reason any indian should spend money on Ashwell Prince is so he can be carved up and served at dinner time to the indignant.

Ricky & Future PM have to play for Sourav, I always felt sorry for the Indians who played under him, but now Australian's are doing it, and more importantly David Hussey, it's shocking.

Victorian's are finally getting their dues in the IPL, shunned at home, but lauded abroad, like Nick Cave and Jason Donovan.

The names of the teams, knight riders, some sort of medieval sexual name, super kings, much better than usual kings. And why are all the teams monarchists, where are the republic teams?

Cheerleaders, I've never got them. I know I'm a pervert, but I get no thrill from watching cheerleaders, either get naked and have an orgy, or put your clothes on and sit down.

Bollywood stars, why?

Domestic cricketers are finally gettting paid what they are owed. For too long if you weren't in the top 15 players in your country you were paid a similar wage to a plumber.

The length of the tournament, good luck keeping people interested for 42 days.

So there you have it.

www.cricketwithballs.com "Now with extra juicy Podcast"

No comments: