Monday, April 7, 2008

KP's money problems

KP & I have an interesting relationship.

It’s a love hate relationship, depending on my mood and his level of arrogance.

I know I should hate him, like McDonalds and Robbie Williams.

But if I’m starving and I see a drive thru, or if I’m in a shop and they have Robbie on I know I’ll be sucked in pretty easily.

Just recently I said I didn’t hate KP, and it hurt me, a lot.

But its true, as instantly hatable as he is, he does have some attributes I admire, luckily the England are slowly draining them from him.

This week he has made it easy to despise him on. "You want your best players playing both for their country and for the IPL.”

Why do you want the best players playing for the IPL.

It’s an Indian tournament that allows a couple of internationals to play in. It’s not a 2020 world championship or anything.

But then he explains why he is disappointed to not be playing. “It's silly to think that you're losing up to a million [dollars] over six weeks."

Shouldn’t you be thinking how lucky am I to be playing test cricket when I used to bowl off spinners in South African club cricket with a dodgy haircut.

I understand you're missing out on a few dollars. But I’m pretty sure you can pay your mortgage and buy your missus some lovely lingerie.

So it’s not all bad.

The first IPL season hasn’t even started and you are already sooking, unless the Indians completely balls this up there is at least 5 years of novelty cash for you in the pot.

Put your country first, or whichever country you have decided to play for first, and eventually the cash will find you.

You're kind of hard to ignore, and trust me, I've tried.www.cricketwithballs.com "Practice Sehwagology and kill the Probots"

No comments: