Wednesday, March 12, 2008

the harbhajan promise

I, Uncle J Rod, hereby solemnly swear, that I will not mention Harbhajan Singh’s off field comments, however news worthy or p1ss taking worthy they are for 3 months.

This includes any press conferences, his appearances on “So you think I can prance” and his slot on Letterman.

My promises mean sweet fu(k all and I can give you the phone numbers of ex’s to prove it.

But I will try to keep this one.

It’s going to be hard, as the @ss clown has hit the late night chat circuit with a head of steam in India.

I suppose that’s fair though, after all India did win the test series.

Oh sorry, meant one day series.

I always get those two confused, because I place such an equal importance on both forms of cricket.

But before I go into my vow of silence, I would like to get out all my Harbhajan Singh statements in one post.

He recently said Australian’s actually like him, because they like a fighter. Technically they like an under dog, but I wont quibble on that. Actually I just quibbled on that.

Australian’s in general don’t like him , because A) Most believe that he did say a racist taunt to be a smart @ss at Roy and B) Yes we like underdogs who fight hard, but we generally like them when they take more than 16 wickets in 13 games of cricket.

If you really want Australian’s to like you Harbhajan, I suggest you get your wicket ratio to compete with your quote ratio. Otherwise you’ll turn into Graeme Smith, and who wants that.

Harbhajan is a pretty good off spinner, but he is still an average traveler, and so while he may be a god at home, on the road he is more like an admin assistant. His average of 41 away from home does not a champion make.

With all that in mind, he is the sort of player you’d want to play with. He lifts a team on the field, and generally seems like a fun dude to be around. His wicket celebrations are something akin to a guy being told his wife wants to have a threesum with him and her hot friend.

I even don’t mind his poxy dancing, but I just can’t like a dude who talks a good game and plays a dud game.

Either shut up and perform, or perform and say all the nonsense you want to, like Glenn McGrath and Shane Warne did .

Nonsense is fun, but wickets are better.

But keep dancing son, we all like that.www.cricketwithballs.com "Sign our David Hussey petition"

No comments: