Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The paint is dried

While you were sleeping, working, resting, ot doing whatever people who aren’t me do, I was working for you.

Why, because here at cricket with balls we take this shit seriously dawg.

How seriously, well at 3 in the AM, I was chasing cricket scores so I could keep you informed.

There is no need to thank me, but while all of you wrote off the Sri Lanka Windies game as a boring event, I put in the hard yards.

And do you know what I found.

The Windies are not completely out of this game.

This is not, to quote the worst simpsons character, unpossible.

They are 1/96 requiring a further 340 runs on the last day.

Devon Smith is out, but that’s hardly the worst thing ever.

At the crease, after he was bizarrely chosen to open the batting, is Dwayne “Smackdown” Bravo on 40odd.

Chris Gayle dropped himself to number 4, so he could employ the attacking instincts of Bravo.

Just ponder that.

Chris Gayle is by far cooler than you, I, and most other people, but the dude doesn’t really think things through does he.

If he really wanted to employ attacking instincts then surely he and Bravo would go out together, and forget about this Devon Smith nonsense.

As attacking as Bravo is, is there another man on earth who can attack like Gayle can?

Gayle could bring down an Empire in a session.

According to our learned Pakistani correspondent.

There is a possibility that the Windies chase down a record total. That would mean something. They've done it against the Aussies..no reason why not again..

Well Q, there are plenty of reasons why they can’t, Murali, 5th day, inexperienced batting line up and John Dyson is coach.

But let me just jump out on this twig for a moment.

Not only do I believe the Windies will win this test, I think they’ll do it without having lost more than 4 wickets.

Let em have it chaps.

Visit Q at Well Pitched, he'd like that.www.cricketwithballs.com "Gee, Andre, what are we going to do tonight?"

No comments: