Tuesday, November 11, 2008

my dirty secret

No it's not chunky peanut butter and a dvd of "where the heart is".

That's not a secret.

My secret is uglier and dirtier than that.

It would mean that I am not allowed in the Oval.

It could end my career before it has started.

It will make Lalit Modi hate me, way more than just reading my blog.

I have been watching the ICL.

It comes for free on the Zee Music channel in England, obviously i would not pay for it.

But for free, i will rub it all over my body.

Like the IPL it's a culture shock watching it.

Although the major culture shock is listening to Dean Jones commentate.

He is like a bag full of coked up puppies, at feeding time.

He also says things like, "we have a saying back home, just have a fair dinkum go ya mug", well at my place back home we had a saying too, "fuck dean jones is a wanker".

Getting past him, they do have two people i like, obviously none of them are Tony Greig, A chick who does the interviewing, who is freakishly attractive, and Atul someone, an ex indian cricketer with a moustache that should be kept in a museum.

The level of cricket seems to be about english domestic level, but the waistlines are more Village cricket like.

You can't watch more than a game every 3 or 4 days, and obviously if there is real cricket on, or repeats of Mash, there is no need to watch it.

The best bit about it is you get to see your favourite journeymen in full glory.

My whole life i have wanted to see Jimmy Maher with a spare tire under his top. And now i can.

For me it is a nostalgic series, alot of my favourite cricketers never really made it at international level.

Ian Harvey & Matthew Elliott were my two favourite players when i was younger, so to have them back is great.

Elliott played a pull shot so nice the other day i could have poked the eye out of a cyclops with my erection.

And i miss that.

Also over there is Ryan Campbell, who if he was Victorian would have been my favourite cricketer of all time.

It's sort of like a bollywood seniors tour.

There is also really camp uniforms, cheerleaders hidden from half the crowd, over the top commentating, a stupid phrase they say when people hit a six, and a bunch of Indian players most of us have and will never here of.

No Bollywood stars though, instead the camera often pans to Daryl Cullinan, which is different.

Everyone should watch one game, but perhaps only one.

There is one serious problem with the league though, nothing to do with the cricket, or anything like that.

But the annoying logo in the corner that flashes and changes and looks like a 1980's music video effect.

That is really annoying, its like having Tony Greig dancing flashdance in the corner of the screen at all times.

Return to frontpage
www.cricketwithballs.com... We constantly get sodomized down the legside

No comments: