Monday, November 24, 2008

a cricketer speaks his mind, he thinks about sushi

Anyone who has ever read a ghosted article by a cricketer, or a 'blog' written by a cricketer will know of the excruciating pain.

It's like being sent to a concentration camp, or listening to Wham.

But Iain O'Brien has smashed all previous expectations of cricketers typing.

How, on a blog, his own blog.

A cricketer with a regular non paid blogspot blog.

He reports from each test day.

So far that is only at the gabba, and some thoughts from the tour game.

I love it.

These are some of my favourite moments.

Lunch was sushi

Back to the hotel and I get a phone call from the NZ Cricket President, not the normal call. He was bringing over the first 'prototype' of my underwear.

Finger up, I'm off! Arse! Really not the day I was hoping for!

I don't know how many times I've was called a 'fagot' this afternoon!

NZ vs Aust - Gabba - Day Three
... and we're in the shit.

I felt angry again, I really wanted to throw my kit around (I'm not a gear thrower at all), I wanted to kick holes in walls (I'm really not like that at all), I wanted to punch holes in the shower doors (again, not me) and I really felt drained of energy and emotions.

I really hate loosing

I asked for the bowling machine to be 'cranked' up, in order to try to get used to the pace that will be coming at me in the middle. Shit it was quick.

First ball, quick, full, and I defend it. Next ball, bouncer, oh shit, I hate bouncers, I duck it, and get under it well. I stood straight back up and stared straight back at Johnson. I wasn't go to show him nothing. "Whatever pal, you can bowl quick, but I'm not taking a backward step." That was a thought of course, I wasn't going to start to get into verbals with them

My left tit to be precise. That hurt, and not how I wanted to play it.

Next ball, fullish, and I'm through my shot, spoon it weakly out to point. How damn weak was that.


If cricketers said to the press, we're in the shit, more often, the world would be a better place.

So get over to read a bit of Iain, cause fuck knows NZC will try and shut it down as soon as they can.

I am sure it breaks some sort of rules that some sort of suit has drawn up.

cricketwithballs

www.cricketwithballs.com... We constantly get sodomized down the legside

No comments: