Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mitchell, bugger me

I said the other day that Mitchell Johnson is becoming the best fast bowler in the world.

I didn't feel good saying it.

But i just had a feeling.

I put him in my fantasy league as the trump player.

I didn't expect this.

5 wickets in 5 overs with an old ball that wasn't reversing.

That is hardcore.

He has taken the spleen out of South Africa.

A South Africa that looked so comfortable that finishing the day 3 wickets down seemed the most logical.

It came from no where.

Ponting had ketp Krejza on for hours, even though it had been a long time since he looked like taking a wicket.

Siddle and Lee both bowled ok, but they just never looked like breaking through.

Johnson just came on and got the job done.

5 wickets in like 20 something balls.

It was brutal, quick, and deadly.

There were off cutters, short balls, slower balls and whatever Paul Harris did.

All done with a soft ball.

Brilliant.

I have bagged Johnson alot, especially when he was getting a game ahead of shield players who had out performed him, but the little lost boy has become a man, and then some.


cricketwithballs

www.cricketwithballs.com... We constantly get sodomized down the legside

No comments: