Thursday, September 25, 2008

Do you like Samit Patel?

What a stupid question, how could anyone not like Samit.

He’s little.

He’s pudgy.

He’s good.

He smiles a lot.

But Durham fans could probably do without him right now.

When he came in, Hampshire were on top, and Durham, and probably Somerset were thinking they were a chance.

Then Samit waddled in.

Firstly he took apart Imran Tahir, who made it easy by bowling like an English leg spinner.

They he took apart every other trundler Hants put up.

His 70 was run a ball, and when you are chasing 203, that is it, game over man.

Patel’s batting was cavalier and also had a touch of, hey harmy kiss my ass to it.

Every time I see Samit he gets better.

In fact every time I see him live he plays a shit hot game, the dude should employ me.

I saw him take apart South Africa in two one dayers.

I saw him smash a hundred against Surrey.

And now this.

I wonder if 5% of his match fee is too much.

Either way, the county championship has found it’s winner.

All hail Notts, the team that Eyelids carried.www.cricketwithballs.com... Aussie Haiku straight to your box

No comments: